The Suffrage Coalition
The Suffrage Coalition is a 501c(3) nonprofit group and a special project of the East Tennessee Foundation. The mission of the Suffrage Coalition is to “locate, preserve, and educate regarding the history of woman’s suffrage.”
August 18, 2020: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- 1984: Mississippi ratifies the 19th Amendment
- Are Women People?
- Susan B. Anthony Commits a Federal Crime and Votes
- Sojourner Truth’s Address
- Unsigned Announcement for Seneca Falls Convention
- Seneca Falls Convention’s 11 Resolutions
- Suffrage Coalition: Wanda Sobieski on why suffrage matters
- Suffrage Coalition Parade and Rally
- Febb Burn Resolution Passes the Tennessee legislature UNANIMOUSLY!
“bury [19th Amendment] beyond resurrection;” [women should remain] “queen of the home and hearthstone.” “I am absolutely, inherently, fundamentally, first, last, and all the time opposed to woman suffrage.” – Joe Owen of Union, Mississippi 1914.